Today I have a comment or two to make, and a couple pictures to share that I thought you might enjoy. First, I have enjoyed the visiting I have done in the last couple months. I have been privileged to visit with most of the children and grandchildren--with the exception of Anson, Heidi, and Aaron's families whom I hope to visit sometime in the near future. Meanwhile, I will look forward with great anticipation to the Hatch Party in December.
I enjoyed seeing pictures of everyone's Halloween celebrations. Things have really changed in this neighborhood. We only had a couple dozen trick-or-treaters. It was a pretty quiet evening at the old homestead.
I have been going through pictures that my mom and dad have collected over their lifetime. It brought back some good memories of my childhood and also of family reunions that we have attended. If you saw how my brothers and sisters and I dressed as children you might just blame it on the fact that we were just a bunch of Montana farmers (we preferred the term "ranchers")...

Did the term "redneck" occur to anyone else?
Trends of fashion, music and dance were a bit slow reaching popularity in our little community, and we looked at California as the real trendsetters. I don't remember anyone in my school looking as sophistocated in their senior picture as this California boy!
When I met Verlin (then known as Anson) he didn't wear the levi's, western shirts and cowboy boots that were typical attire for my brothers and all my friends at home so he must be a trendsetter too. After all, he was from California. I had a bit of a revelation when I found a picture of Verlin that my mom took on one of our early visits to Montana. Now here is a fashion statement!!
The hat wasn't his but the rest was all Californian!
3 comments:
That's a nice picture of dad. He looks so young and vibrant. Brian's mom is from California and always pulls the trendsetter card for her interesting outfits.
Aaron and I enjoyed that picture of Verlin. I feel like I can relate to being raised in the "redneck-rancher" life of Wyoming only our trends came from UTAH! Oh well it gave us character,I say.
I got a good laugh out this post. I love the pants dad was wearing in that picture. I think his trendsetting fashion continued when we went on our trips to the lake. Those bermuda shorts and Hawaiian shirts were the talk of the town. : )
Post a Comment