Thursday, April 9, 2009

Things that make me smile


A few years ago I planted some bulb flowers in my front yard. Each spring it gives me reason to smile as they emerge in anticipation of summer. Sherri and I found it interesting that there were so many daffodils along the roadway and in the fields along our route in Oregon. We wondered how daffodils could grow wild, or do they. Someone had to put the bulbs there. Perhaps that was a little part of Eden transplanted to the west coast. Oregon surely is beautiful enough to be so.

My grandkids and the varying names they give me make me smile. This one used to call me Mumbas but now that she can hear that there is a "g" in my name, she calls me Unga. She makes me smile a lot!

Other things that make me smile are thinking about...
My fun loving mother.
A beautiful sunset that a grandchild discovers and shares.
The beautiful temple on the hill.
My children (and spouses) and your unique personalities and talents.
All my grandchildren--each is special!
Fun times we have had together.
My eternal companion and dearest friend--your dad. He made me frustrated at times, but he made me smile a whole lot more.

This week as we approach Easter Sunday, I am especially grateful for my Savior, who made the resurrection possible and gave us the gift of eternal life and the opportunity to be with our loved ones throughout all eternity. When I don't feel like smiling, I just think about Jesus and all he did for me and I am able to smile again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make our family smile! We love you. Thanks for posting.

Grandma

Grandma
Now...

Colleen (Teeny)

Colleen (Teeny)
Then...