I had the opportunity in the month of May to spend two weeks with Alex and Laura hanging out with Graham while Laura attended class at the University. It took a day or two for him to warm up to me, but when he figured out that I was the one to take care of his needs, especially at mealtime, he was quite friendly and loving. We enjoyed going on walks. We walked to the temple sometimes and to the grocery store sometimes. We walked down to Mooch's (a gas station/car wash) on Main Street and visited with Sonia while she was at work. For Mother's Day I spent that weekend with Shane, Sonia and Taylor. I enjoyed spending time with them. The last Friday there I went with Alex, Laura and Graham up Logan Canyon and we cooked hot dogs and marshmallows over a fire. The picnic area was full of people enjoying the first mild days of spring. My visit ended all too soon!! A day or two before I visited with Alex and Laura I had my laptop out and let Audrey see herself on my computer with the Webcam. When the kids see the slideshow that plays as a screensaver on my desktop, they like to identify the pictures that come up. When Audrey saw herself on the Webcam she started saying, "Audrey, Audrey". I saved the litte clip I made of her. When I got to Logan I noticed that Graham and Taylor both enjoy looking at themselves in the mirror so I let them look at the Webcam also to see their reactions. Later, in Maryland with Heidi and Bryce I learned that Isaiah has a great interest in computers and keyboards so I filmed him on Webcam also. He was not too interested in the picture on the screen but really got excited that I was letting him get that close to my computer keys which were "off limits" most of the time. Here is the "candid camera" video of the kids. I don't think it will win any nominations for the Oscars but it is fun.
1 comment:
How fun! I didn't even recognize Taylor, she's gotten so big. You are so lucky you get to spend so much time with grand kids.
Post a Comment