Does this look familiar to anyone? Many of you may know that I have been having a few car problems the last couple months. I have wondered how much life was left in my old white car, but I found that it took me a lot further than Verlin and I anticipated when we bought it. We thought we would try and make it go for a year so we would have time to buy a new car. Thanks to Ammon and Jiffy-Lube it lasted two years longer than I hoped. In the last month or two, Ammon had to change the key switch, the battery, and the water pump. Then the fuel pump failed so I was stranded for a time. Ammon and I started searching online to see if we could find a car but it is hard for me to shop long distance while I am in Richfield.
I had a chance to spend this week in American Fork with Ammon's kids while Abby is at Girl's Camp so Ammon came to Richfield and picked me up. When we pulled up to the house, this was sitting in the driveway with a big red bow on it. A brand new Subaru Impreza that Ammon and Andrew picked out for me.
Abby came out and presented me with the keys. I cannot describe the emotions that I felt in those first moments--shock, wonderment, disbelief but mostly gratitude!
Wow! I have never had a brand new car. I hope I don't get too mental worrying about keeping it in brand new condition. After all, everyone drives used cars don't they? I will never drive it without thinking about the unselfish act that made it possible for me to have a reliable car and peace of mind when I travel.
3 comments:
enjoy your new toy!
Wow! I can't wait to see it. I'm so happy for you!
That's so exciting! How wonderful of your boys to do that for you.
Post a Comment