Thursday, July 17, 2008

Memory Tag

I answered Teresa/Brian's memory tag and am posting the instructions here for anyone who wants to comment. What would we do without memories (both good and bad)? Of course I hope to have more good memories than bad, and with such a great family, I have plenty of very fond memories.

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

4 comments:

The Hardy's said...

I remember when you gave birth to me. j/k I remember watching all the many sports games/matches with you. You were such a great mom. I also remember playing "ride that pony" at girls camp and everyone being so surprised. Oh and I'll never forget when you defeated the rock climbing wall at B.O.O.T. Camp.

The Pooles said...

Mom, there are so many fond memories...which ones do I write about? I loved spending time with you in the kitchen and watching you cook, bake, and make candies. I remember being so impressed at how fast you could peel a potato.

I also remember the many "work-at-home" jobs you would do (like crocheting dog sweaters) so you could stay home with your kids.

A memory that I will always cherish are the many Sunday mornings that you would wake up with me and help me with my paper route. I didn't necessarily look forward to the hard work but I did look forward to the company. : )

AaronsherriHatch said...

Sherri asked me to remember something about mom to write here...
The first solid memory that came to my mind was of mother leaving the house with my news papers hanging off her shoulders.
I had broken my right leg and was unable to deliver my paper route. Mom delivered my papers for me until I was able to resume my route. It's not as if she didn't have anything to do (10 kids and all). She did it so I wouldn't loose my route which was very important to my limited yet very valued financial independance. I was always amazed at how fast she would return home from the route. I'm sure it helped that she didn't have a nine year olds curiosities or 20" inseam.

Thanks mom!

Love, Aaron

AaronsherriHatch said...

I also have many cherished memories of various camping and scouting activities with my devoted mother.

Aaron.

Grandma

Grandma
Now...

Colleen (Teeny)

Colleen (Teeny)
Then...