Sunday, August 17, 2008

More Summer Fun

I have enjoyed the weeks I have spent in Richfield with Katrina and Kyle's family this summer. I don't know if the girls can say as much, but I thoroughly enjoyed each day I was there (except possibly some of the piano practice sessions, right Kadance?)

I just wanted to share a couple pictures. First, Kyle and Katrina moved into a rental house in Richfield and I had my very own "guest bedroom". It was small but comfortable. That is how I would describe their house--comfortable. It is an older home but it has been remodeled and upgraded so that it is quite nice.


During the early part of the summer the girls spent quite a bit of time at the community swimming pool. They each practiced piano for at least a half hour a day. When I wasn't working they all wanted a turn to use my computer so they could play with their interactive Webkinz pets on Webkinz.com.

In July, as part of the Pioneer Days celebrations, Katrina and the girls were in a musical production called a Broadway Review. They sang a couple songs from The Sound of Music play. Grandma sat through four presentations of the production and enjoyed every one.


Kylie is old enough to be in 4-H so Katrina started a cake decorating 4-H club. There were five girls plus Kadance and Kasidy who were only guests as they weren't old enough to be in 4-H. The goal was to be able to make a cake and enter it in the 4-H division of the County Fair. Only two of the girls actually entered a cake and Kadance and Kasidy were able to enter their cakes as "Cloverbuds" (prospective 4-H ers). Kylie also entered a skirt that she had made and displayed in an earlier 4-H display.

They dropped off their entries on Monday the 4th but they weren't open for public display until Wednesday the 6th. Just before they left for their Lake Powell trip we all drove to the fairgrounds to see how they did.

We were so delighted to see that Kadance and Kasidy won blue ribbons for their Cloverbud entries. Kylie earned blue ribbons PLUS RESERVE CHAMPION for both of her displays, and they won a little cash prize. Kylie also won a prize from the Wilton Enterprises, I believe a Wilton Yearbook (a very neat book!)
Kasidy's cupcakes
Kadance's treasure chest (the theme of the fair was "A Treasure Chest of the County's Best"
Kylie chose to make a cake of a chicken instead of a theme cake.

1 comment:

AaronsherriHatch said...

How neat it! They did really well! They are SO cute!

Grandma

Grandma
Now...

Colleen (Teeny)

Colleen (Teeny)
Then...