Friday, September 19, 2008

A Walk in the Park

After my first morning walk in Irvine, Andrew told me there was a nice park nearby that I might enjoy. The next day, Melissa and the boys took me there for a picnic. I have walked there every morning since then.

The park is only a couple blocks past Albertsons and takes about ten minutes to get there. I wouldn't have believed it existed in this congested college community.

William R. Mason Regional Park is 345 acres that was once part of a vast 100,000 acre rancho. It has a baseball field, sand volleyball courts, playgrounds, pavilions and picnic areas, an amphitheater, a 9-acre lake, 123 acres of wilderness/natural area, and Strawberry Farms golf course. There are hiking and biking trails that traverse the park. I only saw a small portion of it, but it was a beautiful place to spend a half hour or so each day.

I took my camera with me today to preserve and share some of its beauty.

1 comment:

The Hardy's said...

You were able to take some pretty good shots. Thanks for sharing.

Grandma

Grandma
Now...

Colleen (Teeny)

Colleen (Teeny)
Then...