Monday, January 4, 2010

December 2009

December was certainly a fun month that went way too fast for me! As I mentioned, the first ten days were spent in Maryland with Heidi's family so I had one week left to prepare for the Hatch Family Party on the 19th. I am fortunate that the kids are willing and very capable of taking assignments to ease my load, and you all did a great job this year. The talent show was fun and the Nativity story was well done, Abby. Thank you all. And thanks to everyone for making the effort to come from long distances to be together again. For me, it is a special reminder of our last best Christmas together with Dad/Grandpa here with us in 2006. I think it is your love and respect for him that draws everyone back not only in July but also at Christmas time when hearts turn to family and the eternal nature of the greatest gift we ever received whose birth we celebrate at Christmastime. How grateful I am for the resurrection and atonement that Christ gave us which enables us to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally.

Here are some pictures from the two weeks that families were here for the holidays.
















Lora posted some wonderful group pictures from the evening that you can see on her Blog at: http://ansonandlorahatch.blogspot.com/2009/12/hatch-holiday-party-2009.html
I wish I had carried my camera around more when I went bowling with some of the kids and grandkids and visited with Andrew's family, Anson's family, Alex's family, Heidi's family, Sonia's family, Aaron's family and Teresa's family in the days following the party. Sorry that our fun was cut short by a bout of illness. (Glad that part is only a memory now!) What a great month!

1 comment:

Hatch Family said...

it was a fun couple of weeks! we loved being surrounded by family, something we miss having close to us.

Grandma

Grandma
Now...

Colleen (Teeny)

Colleen (Teeny)
Then...