Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy Day after New Year's 01-02-2010 (a palindrome)



I love the winter scenery and the majestic mountains around us, but these days I prefer viewing them from inside my warm home. We didn't really have a good day for playing on Evergreen hill this year with the grandkids but I think Anson's family went over one day for a little while. Those kids are crazy about the snow.

We did start the New Year right with weather that was good enough to allow me to drive to Richfield and attend Kasidy's baptism on Jan 2, 2010. Did you know your baptism fell on a rather unique day, Kasidy? 01-02-2010 (That is called a palindrome-the same forward or backward).



Alex and Laura braved a bit of a snowstorm to drive to American Fork from Logan on New Year's day, and then on Saturday, January 2nd, they rode with Ammon's family to Richfield and I drove my car. After the baptism we went to the Reid's new home and enjoyed a meal together and visited for a while until all the Reids took off to go sledding and we headed home. Before we went, Katrina gave the kids an opportunity to see a few of their new pets and the kids fed carrots to Pepper, one of their horses. In spite of being out in the cold snow, improperly dressed for such, I enjoyed the feeling of being on the farm once again. Thanks for allowing us to share this special day with you, Kasidy.









P.S. I celebrated New Year's Eve and New Year's Day working on another baby quilt. I was able to finish Alex and Laura's new baby quilt to give it to them before they returned to Logan. Their little girl is due in two weeks so I am glad I was able to get it finished.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The baby quilt turned out beautiful!

Hatch Family said...

always a fan your quilting art! so pretty...

Grandma

Grandma
Now...

Colleen (Teeny)

Colleen (Teeny)
Then...