As I was walking past the seasonal aisle at Albertson's the other day, I began feeling sorry for myself because I won't ever again have someone shopping for a special valentine for me. Then I remembered the half eaten very special Valentine cake sitting on top of my refrigerator that Kylie made and delivered with a hug. And a few days later, Hyrum delivered a valentine with a picture of Nemo and Dory.
Verlin was never a great romantic but he did sometimes remember to get me a card or some candies for Valentine's Day. I found out it was always better to remind him if a special day was coming instead of waiting to see if he would remember and then be upset when he didn't. "Valentine" was one of those words like aluminum (he pronounced it "alunimun") that Verlin just couldn't get right. I miss his very sincere "Happy Valentime's" wish. He liked to sort through the little candy hearts to give me ones that said "Be Mine". I will be his Valentime FOREVER!
2 comments:
Will you be my valentine! Sorry I didn't send a card, but I didn't even have time to get anything for Brian yet.
Love you Mom!
Aaron is a lot like that. I remind him too.I quit getting upset when he can't even remember the kid's birthdays for sure. One thing Aaron is good is the " just because" flowers or plants. I always joke "just because" you can't remember the SPECIAL days! :)
Happy Valentine's Day!
Post a Comment