Sunday, January 31, 2010

Smoke, Rain and Snow

Snow at Shane and Sonia's
We used to say when sitting around the campfire and smoke would blow in our face--no matter where we moved around the circle--"well, smoke follows beauty". (This comment was usually followed by the remark --but Beauty is a horse".)

Well, bad weather seems to follow me like smoke follows beauty.

January 12th I flew to Irvine, California to spend time with Andrew and Melissa and watch their boys while Andrew and Melissa went on a one-week Mexican cruise. I was so excited about the lovely weather when I arrived, even though in reality American Fork did not really have that bad of weather when I left. Well, on Sunday evening when I dropped Andrew and Melissa off at the dock, it began to rain and it rained most of the week, sometimes dumping as much as 1/2 to 1-inch in an hour. Carter's school announced that there was a tornado warning, but fortunately it hit further north. I was fortunate that I only had to drive out a few times to take Parker to preschool and pick him up. It turned out to be an interesting but mostly enjoyable week with the boys. The weather was nice by the time Andrew and Melissa came home and they hardly knew what they missed--besides their cute boys that they were very glad to see!

Carter

Tristan

Parker
On Friday the 28th I drove to Logan to see my new granddaughter, Emma and of course Alex, Laura and Graham. I stayed Friday night with Shane, Sonia and Taylor. I brought my Sunday clothes just in case I decided to spend Saturday night with them also since their meetings are at 8:30 a.m. and mine aren't until 2:00 p.m. I kind of watched the weather Saturday so I could make a decision about traveling home that evening or if I could spend the night with Sonia and still make it back to American Fork safely in time for my meetings. The Saturday night 10:00 news said there would be a little snow, mostly in Northern Utah, probably about an inch. Well, we woke up to more like a foot of snow.




Do I really have to get up?!

TURN OFF THAT CAMERA NOW!!

It was a rough night for Taylor, too! We did wake her up a bit earlier than usual to get to their 8:30 meeting. I went ahead and went to church with Shane and Sonia and decided that I would just stay until Monday until the weather was better. I am grateful that I was able to visit some of my children and beautiful grandkids.

Emma


Graham

Taylor

3 comments:

The Hardy's said...

You do have cute grandkids. Brigham especially misses Taylor. He asks about her almost every day. I showed him this picture of her at the end. He got the biggest grin on his face and said "I see Taylor".

Andrew and Melissa said...

It was really good seeing you! You're welcome to come and enjoy our nice weather anytime :) Thanks again for staying with the boys while we were gone, they really had fun spending time with you!

Sonia said...

Mom, thanks for getting snowed in with us so we could keep you a little longer. I still love getting on this post and looking at my little madoosa. What can I say she does mornings (and cameras) like her Mom.

Grandma

Grandma
Now...

Colleen (Teeny)

Colleen (Teeny)
Then...