Life is not a destination; rather it is a journey... Herein are memorable (or not so memorable) moments of my journey. Enjoy.
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Similar to Elevator Music
Yesterday I was cleaning the pool even though (to quote Taylor) "it's not my favorite". I just knew I had to do it to make the house look better and hopefully more attractive to buyers. Since I knew it would take a few hours, I made sure I had my phone with me. That was partly to enable family to contact me if necessary and also so I would have a way to call for help should anything happen to me in the process. Working around a body of water, you can never be too sure. (I'm not exactly sure what use a wet phone would have if I had actually fallen in.) Anyway, I had filled the pool and vacuumed almost half of it before the water level got too low to use the skimmer, so I had to stop and refill it. After several hours of working by myself in relative silence except for occasional barking dogs, I was pleasantly surprised to hear a pleasant melody, however softly. After listening for a minute, I realized it was "Giannina Mia", one of the songs from the operetta "The Firefly". My first thought was that it was the American Fork High School Marching Band playing it. I pondered on what their show for this year might be; an Italian theme or a variety of selections from operetta's I mused. But wait, I don't think they have violins in marching band. This sounded more like opera and it was definitely an orchestra arrangement. At this point, I had moved around to the diving board to continue vacuuming and realized that the music was coming from somewhere behind me. I was really surprised to hear the neighbors playing this type of music when I usually hear rock or country coming from their yard, and usually a lot louder, too. When I turned my head to hear a littler better, I felt a little silly to realize that the music was actually coming from my back pocket. I had somehow started the music app on my smartphone and selected a random tune--all from my pocket. This is the new "pocket music" similar to elevator music only you don't need to have an elevator. Although I hadn't deliberately chosen it, I continued to listen to tunes from my pocket as I completed my task, which now was more bearable, but still "not my favorite."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Grandma
Now...
Colleen (Teeny)
Then...
No comments:
Post a Comment